The Brahman Foundation is centered around contests that help the younger members in the association learn better skills in communication and knowledge about the Brahman Breed. The All American is where these contests are offered, and when the Foundation gives incentives to encourage kids to enter these contest. The contests are geared toward helping them excel and be the next leaders in the beef industry.
The Foundation helps support the AJBA National show in the following contests:
- All Around
In 2019, the Foundation intends to add to the list additional premiums for the Bred and Owned Show. Contests offered at most State Shows and the National Junior Brahman Show.
- Public Speaking
- Sales Talk
- Herdman’s Quiz
- Poster Contest
- Photography Contest
2016 Essay contest Winners
- Lane Berry – 1st Place Junior Division – View Essay
- Aubrey Ellis – 2nd Place Junior Division – View Essay
- Blaine Allen: 3rd Place Junior Division – View Essay
- Savanah Allen – 1st Place Intermediate Division – View Essay
- Madison Pleasant – 2nd Place Intermediate Division – View Essay
- Gordie Simon – 3rd Place Intermediate Division – View Essay
- Haley Herzog – 1st Place Senior Division – View Essay
- Alex Jurica – 2nd Place Senior Division – View Essay
- Jordan Storey: 3rd Place Senior Division – View Essay
AJBA members 8-21 years of age will have the opportunity to compete in THE BRAHMAN FOUNDATION’S essay contest. Members will be divided into 3 categories (junior, intermediate, senior) and cash prizes will be awarded to the top 3 placing in each division. Winners will be announced and presented monetary prizes at the HLSR International Brahman Show.
- All participants are required to have an active membership status with the AJBA.ll entries are due by 5pm CST on February 1, 2016.
- All essays much reach a word count minimum of 750 and may not exceed 1000 words.
- All essays must be sent electronic (with information sheet included) to Lana Forgason Stanley via email: email@example.com
- Additional information/questions: