The Brahman Foundation, Inc., (a 501(c)3 charitable organization) is seeking a summer intern to coordinate their events at the Brahman Junior Nationals and facilitate their summer leadership camp.
Location: The intern is able to work remotely anywhere in the U.S. but must be able to attend the following events:
- National Junior Brahman Show: July 3-8, 2017, Texarkana, AR
- The Brahman Foundation Leadership Camp: July 16-20, Starkville, MS
Dates of Internship: The internship dates will be approximately June 1 to July 30th, 2017 (flexible)
Requirements: Age 18-25, enrolled in college. Preference to those with experience in the purebred cattle industry and/or those who have attended a breed junior national before.
Stipend: $900/ month (2 months) plus travel expenses to the above mentioned events (if not already attending with family members).
To apply for an internship: Forward a cover letter and résumé to Rachel Cutrer, secretary/treasurer, at Rachel@v8ranch.com
- Serve as primary organizer of The Brahman Foundation Leadership camp working in conjunction with Dr. Brandi Karisch of Mississippi State (conference coordinator).
- Facilitate conference registration, speakers, travel arrangements, etc. for conference.
- Serve as primary organizer of TBF activities held in conjunction with the National Junior Brahman Show. Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist with TBF Scholarship application process and selection
- Coordinate TBF Scholarship Dinner (booking catering, sending invitations, tabulating results, announcing winners)
- Coordinate motivational speaker for event
- Coordinate TBF contests, scoring, and tabulation
- Assist Brahman association staff during the week with show activities
- Coordinate TBF public relations efforts including social media posts, writing press releases, e-newsletters, and website updates