THE BRAHMAN FOUNDATION SUMMER INTERNSHIP
The Brahman Foundation intern position was started when The Foundation started it’s Summer Leadership Camp. The intern is required to attend the All American and The Leadership Camp which both occur in July. The intern is responsible for working with the hosting college and the Foundation board member that is in charge of the camp. Intern needs to have good organizational skills as they must plan and prepare for the camp and must be able to help carry out the following assistance The Foundation gives the AJBA during the All American; Showmanship premium payouts, Foundation Lottery payouts at the awards banquet and head up the Scholarship Interview Dinner and the Scholarship Banquet. This will require the intern to be able to do all necessary preparations prior to leaving for the All American. Interns should report to The Foundation after they have finished their college semester prior to the summer break. (May) and will need to be available until they return back to college after the summer break. (August) A good understanding of social media outlets Facebook and Instagram is a must as daily post during both the All American and Camp will be requested. Leadership skills and acting as a camp chaperone is also required. All travel expenses are covered by the Foundation and a large portion of meals is covered for both events.
The following is a list of duties that some prior experience or exposure to will be helpful
- Camp Preparations
- Daily recaps posted on Foundation’s social media of each day’s activities at the All American and the Leadership Camp.
- Posting of all Scholarship’s awarded to Foundation’s website and preparing the actual certificates awarded.
- Collection of all applications and scheduling interviews and preparations for the dinner.
- Needs transportation to fulfill several errands.
- Use of camera/video equipment.
- Leadership skills.
- Public Speaking skills.
- Basic Computer skills in Word, Excel, and Power point.
- Knowledge of the Ag Industry and Good People skills.